Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sketchbook........

I been thinking about doing the Sketchbook Project this summer to get back into making art again.  I know it wont be in my media, but I think it would be fun to do..  Anyways this was a thought of mind today.  For those that dont know what the Sketchbook Project is you pick a topic and draw in a sketchbook and then it travels the world and people can look at your art and thats what it is in a nut shell.  Check out the link above for more info. 

Anyways back to my thought.  I think it would be really neat if there was a way to do with different school.  Not sure how all this would work out, but that was one of my many thoughts of the day.

I will have to think about how it would all work out a different day... :)

3 comments:

Phyl said...

Not sure what you mean about doing it with another school...

I did the sketchbook project and it was a load of fun to do - a cool challenge - but here's my problem with it: your sketchbook doesn't actually get seen much. I have it set up to get an email each time it is viewed, and it has only been viewed 3 times (4, if you count my viewing it in the Brooklyn Art Library). That's because there are so many sketchbooks, and they try to get them all viewed so they try to give out different ones all the time.

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

I did it too this year and loved the challenge of it... I was very happy with my final work. I havent' gone to see the show yet... maybe this summer! I agree with Phyl. Mine has only been seen 4 times! But everytime I get an email, I get all excited that someone saw it. I wish they would leave comments about what they thought of it. I might do it again this year. Our High school had kids that did it this year. IF I was still teaching there, I would love to organize a traveling show that might go to another school and theirs to ours! Maybe in a couple years when I get back there...

Mr. R said...

Well phyl.. i am not sure yet either...

i did have another thought.. maybe.. I would only do it with one class to see how it would go first must likly 5th grades.. and i would fine a few people that would be willing to do it with me..
but this is how it would work.
student would be given paper to make a small sketchbook.. on the back of the paper would be line for comments and thought...
Student would draw to a theme. I will get all the sketchbook and send them off to another school.. exp. like you. Your student would get page 2. and they can comment on my students art work.

The only downside is the person who gets it later down the road will see more art and comment more..

so i guess their are still issues to be worked out..

like i said.. this are just thought.. but i think they are cool...

09 10