I am not sure any of you know this but I tell some great stories toy students. And of course all my are true. Well of the stories I told student in the pass is that I live in mushroom house. They all want to know how I get in it.
Well one oft student made mushroom house a few weeks ago at home. She brought it in to me. It is now part of my permanent collection in my art room.
There is even a spot for my Unicom but it is invisible.
IThis is the first kindergarten project of the year. We talked about are warm colors for the background. Then I help all my Kundera print there hand. We used oil pastels to make the body. Boy did they turn out cute or what.
We are using them for are square 1 art project this year.
For those of you haven't noticed my bulletin board have gone tab this year. I'm really excited about this change probably the most excited I've been in years. I will not be starting to have right away I have to get through my square one fund raiser project first. After I do that I'll start with my skill sets and then will start moving on to tab. students seem excited about this new change. I will start posting soon as we get there.
I know the past few years I dont blog that much. A post here and post there... I'm going to try and be better about that.
Well I have big new. I am switching to TAB this school year. I am really excited and nervous at the same time. Mrs M. (The glue that hold are district art teachers together) and I have been working hard over the summer trying to get things all ready.
Last year I moved in to a new room again (the big art room) and I shows you all some pictures well once again I will do that.. I well be changing my room up to have all my studios. So I will post pictures as soon as it is done.
So please stay tuned in to see what happens next in my messy art room.
Also if you are not following me on twitter you can at @cdotandrew
Years ago look at his pictures with her super cool action this year. My fifth and forth graders did some drawings on paper try to get some rough ideas of drawing creatures. After that I gave them one brick on the building to use chalk and do the drawing. My students love it.
Some of my classes I only see a few times before the end of the year so I decided to try something different with some of them. I gave him my classes choices between drawing, painting, collage, and sculpture studio's. We talked about things that we learn throughout the year and what inspires us to make art as artist. After that I gave my students one piece of paper and said here you go. Here's a couple examples of my first grades
Hey you all I have done I have gone to Twitter. I will be chirping, tweeting, and singing art education things. Maybe even random thoughts, Ideas, things that are going on in my life. So please follow me on Twitter @cdotandrew.
This year I wanted to try something new with meeting with my second graders. So I decided to make a bee tracer for them. We started my holding the paper like a hotdog tracing to be tracer. We draw lines using a ruler to make the loom. With all my classes a try to different ways until I find the best way to make the loom. Made your strips weave them into the loom. Used oil pastel make eyes pipe cleaner for the tennis white paper for wings.
Sometimes I don't tell my students exactly were making right away I like to make a surprise so one of the funniest things I did for this project is the kept asking what it was I told them they need to Bee here next week to find out.
I have made a few post in the last few week. Waiting for someone or something to make a comment and nothing. I know I am not the best blog writer. But I figure someone would reply. I am questioning if it is even worth doing this blog anymore? Or is it just better to do Facebook and twitter?
But fifth-graders made papier-mâché animal head/monster heads this year for the first time. We mounted them they look amazing. The kids had such a wonderful time doing them. I played around with many different ways of how to color them I painted at mine it was practice. Then we went with covering them with tissue paper.
Well I see it's been over a month since my last post a lot has been going on. We had our art show in the building first time in many years all school 800 and some pieces hung up on the walls it was outstanding. We had a lot of positive feedback from the show can't wait to do it again next year.
So I was doing self portraits with my 1st grader. And I have never done Roy Lichtenstein before. So I wasn't to try it. So we draw the face then we painted it in only using the primary colors. We use pencil erasers to make the dots. The. I want to add think bubbles. So we used stuffing to make the think bubbles and then glue on top of the fluff the what when where how and why. Because we all know we get those type of questions everyday.
This is my 4th grade self portrait project this year. We work in the color wheel. First I showed them how to draw the face with more detail. Then they got to pick a color group. We used oil pastels to do the coloring.
This is one of my 3rd grade coil projects. The student first drew a picture. Using lines to make the pictures. Then they rolled coils and placed them on the paper. After it was fired they colored with crayons and painted black paint on it. Then washed it off.
So here is a new clay project that I did with my Kinders. I gave them a ball of clay. I let them play with the clay for a few. Then they had to roll it into a ball. I came around and help shape the clay. Then they pinched out the ears and the nose. Then we drew the nose and whiskers. I rolled out a slab and cut out hearts Gave the Kinders a little piece of clay to roll out a coil to make arms. We add the arms to make it look like it is holding the heart.