Monday, April 9, 2012

1st grade owls

I sometime do a owl project with my 1st graders. And I seem to do it different every year. One thing I have been thinking about is that sometime I or we as art teachers don't let the students just be creative. You know we tell them what to draw and how to color it so it looks certain way. While for this I did show them how to draw and color the background. But then it came owl I showed them how to draw them but they could color them anyway they like. They turned out really good. I was very happy with there work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mr. R, aka, Bacon Boy:),

You hit the nail on the head, my friend. Let the students be creative! We, as art teachers, should give them the "bones" of the project, teach them techniques for drawing and painting and let them fly free! True artistic creativity and learning comes from experimentation, not monkey see, monkey do. You have done a great job of letting your students fly!

:)Pat

The Clever Feather said...

Looks Great Mr. R!

09 10